Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Camille & Stephen

What an engagement session! Last night, I met up with Camille and Stephen here at the studio for a few photos downtown, and then we headed over to Sedgwick County Park for the majority of their session. As we arrived at the park, I started hearing thunder, but I'd watched the weather the night before and knew there was supposed to be no rain on Monday. The thunder continued, more often and louder, as we went about with our photos. Once, as we came out of the trees, we started feeling some raindrops, but decided to ignore it. At one point, we were standing on the sidewalk where it was dry, and we looked to the east and saw lots of rain falling on the nearby pond. That was crazy! It looked like the pond was vibrating! We took a few more photos over in the tall grass by the zoo, and it started raining pretty heavily at that point, but Camille and Stephen, being the fun people they are (and trying to ignore the raindrops falling directly in their eyes...), were up for as many photos as I was willing to expose my camera to in the rain. Luckily, I was wearing a scarf so I covered the camera with that for awhile. Of course, the rain stopped as soon as we were done! But it made some beautiful clouds for our photos, and a story for the couple to share for years to come!










You can see the raindrops in this one!

2 comments:

Nici said...

Wow...what great photos..they looked like they were having a great time! I could actually
"hear" them laughing on the slide. And you...bless your heart, what a trooper! I love them all!!!!

Mollie said...

great photos! I love the one in the slide taken from above.