Monday, June 29, 2009

Michael + Sara: A Colorado Wedding

My big brother, Michael, married a wonderful girl, Sara, this weekend in Colorado. Get ready for an extra long blog post on this one.

As I was going through the photos we took, I just realized how proud I am of Michael. He's been through a lot, and has kept such a positive outlook on life. He's so goofy and I just love his fun-loving personality. Sara is a sweetheart. She's helped Michael strengthen his walk with God, and I am so thankful for that by itself. My parents love her, she was a part of our family long before the wedding took place. The wedding day was absolutely PERFECT. Sara looked beautiful, and we had great weather and awesome scenery. I could go on and on. I love them both so much and can't believe my brother has a wife now! :) I'll tell more about their day throughout the photos.


Sara helping her little sister Hannah, who was the flower girl, get dressed.

Michael and the guys kept it casual and just wore white shirts and black pants...my favorite for the guys for a wedding!



Michael was pretty skeptical when I asked them to jump, but he thought the final photo was pretty hilarious.

My dad and Michael. He was so proud of his son that day!

Hannah and Sara again.

The beautiful bridesmaids!

Sara's mom, Theresa.

My mom, Nancy. Didn't she look SO good? The bride looked okay too... :) Just kidding, Sara is gorgeous as well!

There was a policeman parked at the church, so we used his car for some photos with the bride!




Michael and Sara wrote their own vows. I'd never seen this side of my brother before, what he wrote was beautiful. He was so excited to marry his best friend. It was a little tricky to take photos through my tears (of joy). :)

My dad hugging Sara right after the ceremony. My parents love Sara so much and are so excited to have another daughter!

Another awesome couple who decided to have their family formals outside. Here is Sara and Michael with her family.

And our family. We went from 4 to 6!




They enjoyed it when I asked them to kiss. :)


After dinner and cake at their reception, we went over to the dam and lake that they spend a lot of time at for photos. I was so glad they decided to go there for their photos...it can't get any better than mountains in the background of you and your new husband.











Congratulations Michael and Sara! I love you and hope you're having a great time on your honeymoon cruise.

1 comment:

Lori Danelle said...

Ahh!! I can't help but think of 12 year-old Michael when I look at these! These are incredible and they look so very happy! (haven't seen a bride and groom yet that didn't though. . .)

Inksomnia