Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Colorado

Well, Crested Butte, Colorado was definitely my kind of town. There were dogs everywhere! People brought them to the base area, walked them around town, and they were even inside some of the shops! I talked to a few and they were all very calm...which means my dogs wouldn't fit in. Oh well. The trip was great because even though we went on a bus, we could do whatever we wanted the whole time we were there. It was really fun to just spend some time away with my husband!

We left Thursday evening and made a stop in Dodge City for supper. Adam and I decided we needed some portraits of each other eating fast food...


After a not-so-fun night on the sleeper bus, we arrived at our condos early Friday morning and immediately changed and headed out to the slopes. I didn't bring my camera while I was skiing, but each evening we took the shuttle into town to explore and eat. I, of course, had to take pictures of the mountains.

This was the view from our condo.

To get to the slopes, we had to walk across a bridge that went over the main street through the condos. This was the view from that bridge.

One of many dogs wondering around the ski base area. Since it was a Welsh Corgi, I had to get a photo for my parents!
This was the bus that we took into town each evening to shop and eat.




On our way into town, we passed this guy on the side of the road, painting. So when the bus stopped, we walked back over to talk to him. He paints for a living and had already put in 20 hours on this painting.

We found a cute little dog and cat boutique called Mountain Tails. I resisted from buying Diesel any clothes, although they had a super cute little raincoat that looked about his size... :)

This photo is for Lindsey. Gingeroots is everywhere.


A dogsled team! This truck passed us as we were walking downtown and I was bummed because I didn't get a photo. Later on, we found it parked on the side of the road, so I took a few photos and also talked to the dogs. Most of them were sleeping though and didn't give me the time of day.



A view from the bus stop of the little town of Crested Butte.

Icicles that looked like they could kill a person.

Giant snow drifts. They were up to the roof in some places.

There were cute little houses all over, this one looked too small for people. But what else would it be for?

Waiting for the bus.

Sitting in the Brick Oven Pizzeria. We ordered a half mushroom and tomato, half pineapple and onion. It was the best pizza I ever had!


We stopped at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory twice so that Adam could get his fill of caramel apples.



Sorta kinda like Dreher?

We bought stuff for breakfasts and some shampoo here. I had to take a photo of it for Rachael CLARK.

The mountain at sunset.

A firepit that always had a fire in it by our condo.

The view from the other side of the bridge. You can see the town off in the distance.


We took our little point-and-shoot on the ski lifts and slopes the second and third days. Adam also got a couple videos of me skiing...I'll have to get those from him sometime to show you.




In front of our condo right before we left for Kansas on Sunday afternoon.


The name of the condos we stayed in.

This was the lift that Adam and I spent most of our time on - the Red Lady Express. It took us to all the greens. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is the cute lil corgi all by his/her lonesome?

Gina Dreher said...

I think he was with some people, but he was taking his time sniffing everything so he wasn't keeping up with them. There was a little boy chasing him at one point...

FunkdHarley said...

the corgi looks a little scruffier than our kansas models...maybe he is a high-altitude model! looks like he is being well-fed, though.

master corgi-raiser of north n.

Anonymous said...

I grabbed your email off your website and am emailing you my version of a "kansas corgi" LOL