Friday, October 9, 2009

ROOTS was Great!

ROOTS was this past Tuesday, and it was awesome! We had 11 aspiring photographers come to hang out, learn, and go on a shoot. Ginger took some photos of us in the "class" portion Tuesday morning. Look how intently everyone is paying attention. :)






I tried to illustrate some of our points...

Lindsey teaching.


Then we headed out with two lovely models. This is Olivia. You might remember that I took her senior photos a couple months back. She's also interested in photography, so she attended the class in addition to modeling for us.



And I took quite a few behind-the-scenes shots that show the fun we had.

This is the other model, Jaclyn, with Olivia. Jaclyn's also a photographer, who just moved her business to Wichita from Lawrence. We were only facebook friends, so it was fun to finally meet her in real life!

I used the group of attendees for a quick lesson on posing groups, while the models went to warm up for a bit in my Jeep. It was COLD that day. And today, for that matter...










Thanks again to everyone who came! We had a blast. And for those of you who missed out, stay tuned to my blog to be the first to hear about the next ROOTS!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

UGH....This looks like fun! I cant wait to come and join you gals!
I keep saying im going to, but im the worst procrastinator around!